CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Clean Slate..

As a member of your res and an attender of that house meeting, I can agree that the generalization of the post-graduate was unnecessary, as there was no proof that the theft was the result of a first year. However, there are some points you bring up that I disagree with.

You say that the older guys demand respect. On the contrary, I am friends with a lot of them, and not necessarily just the guys from O-week. I grant you some of them aren't that friendly, but that's because they're unfriendly in general! There are a few first year guys that I don't get along with, and the first years of next year won't either, just because they are difficult people to get along with.

I believe that when you go to university, you are a given a clean slate by which to work on. Irrelevant of age or university year, people tend to be open and impartial to anything that comes their way, and the friendly atmosphere that I believe does occur in Centenary House, is a reflection of that. When it comes to approaching the first years of next year, I would in fact not have a problem of taking a leaf out of many of the older guys of the residence's books.

0 comments: